Testing brushes. The Winsor & Newton Foundation ones are new, from a pack. The others were in a box I inherited.
I used different colours for the different types of brush:
- Ultramarine blue for the flat brushes
- Emerald green for the filbert
- Cadmium Red Hue for the larger rounds
- Cadmium Orange Hue for the smaller rounds
- Hooker’s Green Dark for the rigger
Part of me wants to buy more brushes. But the part that’s in charge atm wants me to make something with the brushes I have. Then I’ll understand better what the limits of this current set are, and can buy brushes that extend those limits.
Plenty of room here to explore more ways of making marks with this set.
Posted on X/Twitter here: https://x.com/bimwood/status/1741789405856121245?s=20